Found this on mypetjawa, rather disturbing. The police are practically begging the man to stop, and wind up sounding the retreat horn. One more in a long line of problems they’re having over there.
Then there’s the case of the cartoonist in the Netherlands who was arrested the other day. For the horrible offense of “publishing cartoons which are discriminating for Muslims and people with dark skin.” The man makes cartoons, and publishes them anonymously, for obvious reasons. The Dutch authorities spent three years uncovering the man’s identity, took ten officers to arrest him, and told him “Now we’ve got you!” and “…Do you understand what it means when you’re identity gets known?”. The obvious meaning is that the man’s life is now in jeopardy, since the Dutch government was so intent on making him public. They just had to interrogate him for thirty hours.
The cartoonist whose real name I won’t post) had charges filed against him by a Dutch jihadi by the name of Abdul Jabbar Van de Ven, also known for calling for the death of Geert Wilders, on live television, right after his compadres slaughtered Theo van Gogh. They can’t, of course, go after the Hate Imams, the teenagers who rape with impunity, or harass native Christian women into wearing the hijab. Nooo, that would be bigoted, of course! Go read at the kleinverzet site for more information on the situation, the Judge who ordered the investigation and arrest, and some of the cartoons. Also, more information is available on youtube, here and here.
Of course, Europe isn’t the only one in trouble, they’re just closer to dhimmitude* than we are. By a bit. Mark Steyn is being shut down, or they’re attempting to, in Canada, along with Ezra Levant. For exercising the awful crime of free speech. As in warning people, in a public manner of the threat of creeping sharia.
Then, right here at home, in Minnesota, an epileptic student teacher, who requires the use of a service dog for his safety, lost his position before he had completed it. Why? Because a muslim student threatened to kill the dog. That’s right, a student who threatens violence is rewarded for his actions, and a disabled student, trying to support himself instead of sucking on the government teat, is punished. For the sick student’s actions. Only in the multiculturalist, moral relativistic world of the Left does a violent criminal get preference over someone with a physical disability. At least, when it’s one of our future overlords, he does.
These are just a small number of recent cases around the Western world, in which people’s rights are being eroded away to the benefit of people whose stated goal is the subjugation of the entire world. The whole Earth is divided into two, and only two categories. Dar al Islam, and Dar al Harb. Translation? House of Islam, and House of War. That’s it. You are muslim, or we are at war with you.
*Rules for dhimmis, under sharia law:
- We shall not build new monasteries, churches, convents or monks’ cells in our cities or in Muslim neighborhoods. Should any of theses fall into ruins or disrepair, we shall not repair, by day or night, those in our own neighborhoods or those situated in the quarters of the Muslims.
- We shall keep our gates wide open for passersby and travelers. All Muslims that pass our way are to be given board and lodging for as many as three days. We shall not hide any spy from the Muslims or give them sanctuary in our churches or shelter them in our homes.
- We shall not proclaim our religion publicly nor attempt to convert anyone to it. We shall not forbid any of our kin from entering Islam if they desire to do so.
- We shall show respect toward Muslims. If they wish to sit, we shall rise from our seats.
- We shall not seek to resemble Muslims by imitating any of their garments, turbans, footwear or parting of the hair. We shall not imitate their way of speech.
- We shall not mount on saddles, gird ourselves with swords, bear any kind of arms, or conceal weapons on our bodies.
- We shall not engrave Arabic inscriptions on our seals.
- We shall not sell fermented drinks.
- We identify ourselves as non-Muslims by clipping the fronts of our heads.
- We shall always dress in the same manner wherever we go and we shall bind the zunar, identifying us as non-Muslims, around our waists
- We shall not display our crosses or our books on the roads or in the markets of the Muslims. We shall use only clappers very softly in our churches. We shall not raise our voices in mourning when following our dead. We shall not shine lights on any of the roads of the Muslims or in their markets. We shall not bury our dead near the Muslims.
- We shall not take slaves who have been allotted to Muslims.
- We shall not build houses of taller elevation than the houses of Muslims.
- We accept these conditions for ourselves and for the people of our community, and in return we shall receive safe-conduct.
- If we in any way violate these regulations, for which we ourselves stand surety, we forfeit our covenant [dhimma] status and shall become liable to the penalties for contumacy and sedition.”